Pages

BOOK REVIEW: Until the Sun Falls from the Sky by Kristen Ashley

Leah Buchanan’s family has been in service to vampires for five centuries. Even so, Leah wants nothing to do with her family’s legacy. But when she’s summoned to her Selection by the Vampire Dominion, under familial pressure, she has no choice but to go.

Lucien has been living under the strict edicts of the Vampire Dominion for centuries but he’s tired of these ancient laws stripping away everything that is the essence of the vampire.

So he’s taking it back.

And this is because Lucien has been watching and waiting for decades for Leah to become available for a Selection and he will not be limited with what he can do with her. He will have her, all of her.

Therefore, Lucien is going to tame Leah, even if he gets hunted and killed for doing it.

What neither Leah nor Lucien expects is the strong bond that will form between them, connecting them on unprecedented levels for mortals or immortals. And what will grow between them means they will challenge their ways of life and their union will begin The Prophesies which makes them one of three couples who will save humanity… or die in the effort.


Published February 24th 2012



KRISTEN ASHLEY WRITES VAMPIRES. Is this real life?

Truth be told, I had absolutely no idea what to expect when I started Until the Sun Falls from the Sky but it was a Kristen Ashley book so I knew I would like it. And like it was an understatement!

In this world, the vampires have a male or female concubine who feed them blood for a few years at a time until they are released from service. In return, they're taken care of extremely well with houses, clothes, pretty much anything they want. Leah's family have been concubines for generations. At the Selection where the concubines are chosen, Leah gets chosen by Lucian, the top dog (vamp?) who has been waiting and watching Leah for the past 20 years. 

“You can't stalk what's yours", he returned.
I looked at his shirt. "Yes, I suspect that's what all the stalkers say.”


Leah has spunk, and doesn't act like the typical concubine, which is very refreshing.

“Don’t try me,” Lucian warned in my head.
“Kiss my concubine ass,” I returned in his.”


I think the thing I loved most about this book/world was it seemed so REAL. Like it could totally be happening right now, that's how real it felt. and the sexual tension was crazy. Lucian was a total alpha (a common theme in KA books) and the storyline made you not want to put the book down for a second. I had SO many emotions reading this book, which is something that I look for in book. Too often I read a book and feel happy or sad or annoyed or whatever, but I don't actually care what happens to the characters. Kristen Ashley made you root for these characters to find their happiness.

I'd have to say my one problem with the book was Lucian. Especially in the beginning. So many things he did or said made me want to reach through the book and smack him upside the head and maybe knock some sense into him! He was so manipulative, controlling and a hypocrite. He wanted to "break" and "tame" Leah and have her be his "pet" (which annoyed me greatly). But later in the book we get some insight into Lucians life and you come to understand why he acts the way that he does.

“In fact, when he wasn’t being a jerk, controlling or a pain in the ass, he looked at me…
He looked at me…
Oh hell, he looked at me like I was his life.”


I don't want to give the plot of the book away because that's what made me fall in love with it. How unsuspecting and original it was!

This book is the first in a series, so the ending leads right into book two and the prophecy that will be fulfilled.

If you're a fan of Kristen Ashely's contemporary romance and want to give PNR a try, THIS IS THE BOOK FOR YOU!

“If you give me you, Lucien, then I promise. I’ll give you me.”

4.5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment