Pages

Mini Review: Ripped by Katy Evans


The fifth book in the New York Times new adult series that began with Real. When an angry, heartbroken girl is forced to be near her rocker ex-boyfriend, only time will tell if the fire between them will consume them both.

Pandora, the gothic friend of Brooke (Real, Mine, Remy) and Melanie, thought that getting her heart broken by her bad boy rocker ex could only happen once. But now, he's back in town with the biggest concert of the year. Pandora hates him so much that she gets Melanie to come with her and play a prank on him at his gig. But when they are caught by security, and her ex himself is summoned, he decides not to press charges if she'll follow certain conditions. Pandora likes none of his rules, or that he's in charge of her, especially since they seem designed to make sure she's in close contact with him again. But the closeness reignites the passion they once shared, and soon no matter how much she wants to hate him, it's clear she's still hung up on him. And worse: he knows it too.
 

Published December 9th 2014 by Gallery Books

Well, I'm going to keep this review short since I didn't really enjoy this book, which is unfortunate because I did like Rogue. This was a second chance romance, but now both characters have a mutual hatred for each other. From the get-go I didn't connect with either Pandora or MacKenna. I didn't like the fact that Kenna shoved his man-whorish ways in Pandora's (and my) face. And I didn't like how Pandora was supposed to be this hard-bad ass-bitch but she came off as whiney. The whole woe-is-me thing doesn't fly with me. And the "plot twist" at the end left a really bad taste in my mouth. All in all, not my favorite Katy Evans book, but this won't prevent me from reading her books in the future.

I received an ARC of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

SERIES READING ORDER
    

CONNECT WITH KATY

No comments:

Post a Comment